1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
None. Being a tree hugging environmentalist type, I never use soap when I take a bath, so I can reuse the bath water for watering my numerous plants.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No, I do have "regular" melon though.
3. Is there anything mouldy in your refrigerator?
There are a few blue cheeses, but they're supposed to be mouldy.
4. Are there any dirty dishes in your sink?
5. What would you change about your living room?
I want a new sofa and more book and CD shelves.
6. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
I just cleared it out, so it's empty.
7. Do you have a can of mushrooms in your pantry?
I don't have a pantry, but no cans of mushrooms anywhere else in the house either.
8. White or wheat bread?
Right now, wheat.
9. What is on top of your refrigerator?
Plants and a bowl with old batteries for recycling.
10. What colour is your sofa?
Black and white, but there's a cream coloured throw over it.
11. What colour or design is on your shower curtain?
White with blue letters saying "bath".
12. How many plants are in your home?
I counted them: 49, plus 30 pots and containers on my balcony (but I'm not sure those should be included).
13. How many candles are in your home?
I don't know, around 10 I guess? This is not counting tea lights, because then we run into the hundreds.
14. Is your bed made right now?
15. If you have a coffee pot, what colour is it?
I don't have one; I only drink tea. But for when I get visitors who drink coffee, I have single-serve stainless steel percolators (don't know what's the right word for them in English -- I mean this type of thing).
16. Electric or standard can opener
17. Comet or Soft Scrub?
Thanks to teragramm I now (more or less) know what this means :-) I think Soft Scrub comes closest. That is, I have it with my cleaning supplies, but I rarely ever use it.
18. Is your closet organized?
I don't have one of those walk-in closets, but my wardrobe is very organized.
19. What colour is the flashlight that you use the most?
Black. I only have one; it's in the shape of a black cat with the light coming out of its eyes. (Intrigued? You can see it HERE.)
20. What kinds of things are in your junk drawer?
I don't have one (which is not to say I don't have junk in my drawers, just not a specific drawer dedicated to it).
21. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
22. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
No, I only drink "hot" tea (sometimes cold, though).
23. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
I don't have a garage, but I do have a bicylce shed. It is rather cluttered.
24. Curtains or blinds?
25. How many pillows do you sleep with?
26. Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
27. How many ceiling fans are in your home?
None. I just got a Dyson air cooler for my birthday though!
28. How often do you vacuum?
Once a week. I should do it more often with all the cat hair floating around, but oh well.
29. Standard toothbrush or electric?
30. What colour is your toothbrush?
White with green (I had no choice in it).
31. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
I don't have a front porch. I do have a door mat, but it has no text.
32. What is in your oven right now?
Just grates and trays.
33. Is your microwave clean or dirty?
I thought it was pretty clean, but then I looked at its ceiling... Oops.
34. Is there anything under your bed?
Lots of things. I use it as extra storage space.
35. Chore you hate doing the most?
Cleaning the floor.
36. What retro items are in your home?
My iron is from the sixties (maybe fifties?). It used to be my grandmother's and still works perfectly.
37. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
38. If you have a yard, who mows it?
I don't have a yard or garden, but I do have lots of plants on my balcony. Whenever any leaves of grass crop up between them, my cat eats them.
39. Is there anything on your kitchen floor right now?
Food and drink bowls for the cat.
40.How many mirrors are in your home?
Four, not counting small handheld ones.
41. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
42. What colour are your walls?
Blue in the bedroom; cream white elsewhere.
43. Which rooms in your house have wallpaper?
44. Do you have a peephole in your front door?
No, but the door has big glass panes :-)
45. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
No, I don't want anything to do with weapons (and anyway, it would be illegal).
46. What does your home smell like right now?
Nothing in particular.
47. Fave candle scent?
48. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Some opened pots of gherkins, capers, and olives.
49. Who are in the pictures you display?
50. What colour is your favourite Bible?
I don't have a favourite bible. I never even owned a bible until a few months ago. When we moved my dad to a nursing home, I took one of his bibles. It's from 1879, and I'm guessing it must have belonged to my great-grandparents at some point. It's only the New Testament though. Oh, and it's faded black.
51. Do you have plenty of cabinet space in your kitchen?
Not nearly enough.
52. Ever been on your roof?
53. Do you own a stereo?
Yes (who doesn't?)
54. How many TVs do you have?
One. Maybe it counts as retro since it's 26 years old :-)
55. How many house phones?
56. Do you have a housekeeper?
57. What style do you decorate in?
58. Do you like solid colours in furniture or prints?
60. Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Yes. It once went off in the middle of the night because the battery was empty. Not a good experience!
61. In case of fire, what are the items you would grab if you only could make one quick trip?
I would try to remove my cat from under the bed and put him in his carrier. I'm sure this would not leave time for grabbing anything else.
62. Do you know how to work your electrical box?
I know which switches to flip to turn electricity on and off in various parts of the house? I guess that counts as a no.
63. What temperature in your home is most comfortable to you?
Twenty-two degrees Celsius. I try to keep it at twenty though.