1. Marmite- love or hate?
2. Marmalade- thick cut or thin cut?
Neither, I don't like marmalade. Didn't know you had different cuts though.
3. Porridge- made with milk or water?
4. Do you like salt, sugar or honey on your porridge?
Sugar. I would never dream of putting salt on it. I was once served porridge with salt in a B&B in Aberdeen, and that was a very unpleasant (and unexpected) experience.
5. Loose tea or teabags?
Both. Teabags when I'm either lazy or in a hurry (which is most of the time) and loose when I'm not.
6. Where on your door is your letterbox?
It's actually built into the wall next to my door.
7. What's your favourite curry?
I like curry, but don't have a particular favourite. Well, maybe the one with prawns (I forget the name). Anyway, our own "national food" is Indonesian, not Indian. Different colonies, you see.
8. What age is the place where you live?
My apartment is less than 15 years old. Or is it about the town? According to Wikipedia, its name first occurred in the16th century (some kind of manor for a local lord) but the town proper dates only from 1811, before that there was just a small village.
9. Where do the folks running your local corner shop come from?
There are several, most Dutch but also a Chinese/Indonesian toko and one corner shop with Turkish owners.
10. Instant or fresh coffee?
No coffee at all.
11. How far are you from the sea?
Right now? A 20 minutes walk, as I happen to be visiting with my mum in the place where I was born. But from where I live it's more like 3 hours by train, which is about the farthest you can get from the sea in my country. (Unfortunately. I miss living close to the sea.)
12. Have you travelled via Eurostar?
No. I have travelled via ICE and Thalys though.
13. If you were going to travel abroad, where's the nearest country to you?
14. If you're female (or possible even some males) do you carry a handbag?
No, except when I wear a skirt or trousers without pockets.
15. Do you have a garden? What do you like growing?
I don't have a proper garden, but I've tried to create one on my balcony, if that counts. I grow various kinds of flowers and herbs there, as well as the occasional fruits and vegetables (in VERY minor sizes and quantities).
16. Full cream, semi skimmed or skimmed?
Semi-skimmed. (For drinking, that is. Milk in tea: never.)
17. Which London terminal would you travel into if going to the capital?
18. Is there a local greasy spoon where you live?
I'm not entirely sure what this is. A snack bar maybe, or a pub? In either case, there are lots of them.
19. Do you keep Euros in the house?
Of course, I have them in my wallet.
20. Does your home town have a Latin, Gaelic or Welsh alternative name?
21. Do you have a well known local artist or author?
A few, but they are only well known in The Netherlands.
22. Do you have a favourite Corrie character?
No,never watched it.
23. Are your kitchen sink taps separate or a mixer?
Mixer. You never see separate taps anymore.
24. Do you have a favourite brand of blended tea?
No, I'll drink any tea.
25. What's in your attic if you have one?
Don't have one.
26. If you go out for a cream tea, what jam do you like on your scone?
I rarely eat scones and have no jam preference.
27. Talking of scones- scon or scown? Jam or cream first?
I'd say scon, not sure if that's the proper way to pronounce it.
28. Barth or bath?
29. Carstle or castle?
30. What flavour of crisps do you favour?
Sour cream and onion, or salt and vinegar.
31. If you go to the chippie, what do you like with your chips?
Peanut (satay) sauce -- it's the Indonesian influence.
32. Take away, take out or carry out?
Erm, take away? Not sure what the difference is.
33. If you have one, what colour is your wheelie bin?
Don't have one.
34. What colour skips does your local skip hire use?
I don't know what a skip is.
35. Do you celebrate Guy Fawkes?
36. Dettol or TCP?
I don't know what TCP is (something like Dettol, I suppose) but in any case I use neither.
37. Do you have a bidet in the bathroom?
38. Do you prefer courgettes or aubergines?
Both are OK.
39. In the 'real world', do you have friends of other nationalities? Which nationalities?
My real life friends are almost all Dutch. I work with people of lots of different nationalities though.
40. Do you have a holy book of any sort in the house?
Since a few months I have a New Testament that I "inherited" from my dad. ETA: I totally forgot that I also have the Quran!
41. Do you prefer a hankie or tissues?
42. Are you a fan of crumpets? What do you like on them?
Don't know, I'm not entirely sure what they are and if I've ever eaten them.
43. Doorbell, knocker or both?
44. Do you own a car? What sort?
45. What sort of pants do you guys prefer? Y fronts or boxers?
I'm not a guy.
46. Anyone still a fan of suspenders?
47. Do you have a favourite quote from the bard?
48. Do you like toasted muffins?
I've never had one. I'm not even sure how you toast a muffin?
49. Do you think a traditional trifle should contain jelly?
It's a long time since I made a trifle, or what passed for one, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't traditional. It had jam, not jelly.
50. Do you attend regular religious worship? Of what kind?